Connected 7.2 is here and it is an incredible release. Check out this list of great new features to help manage your business.
How do I order? Click here and complete the order form by selecting version 7.2 as the requested version.
How much does it cost? If you are already using Connected 7, the update is FREE with your support contract. If you are using an older version licenses are $299/user with a current support contract and $449/user without a contract.
Connected Enhancements by Version Release
Version 7.2 - November 2013
Integration with Authorize.net
- New integration with Authorize.net payment gateway for accepting credit card payments
- Connect your existing merchant account, for example Chayse Paymentech, or create a new one with Authorize.net
- Accept payments with different merchant accounts, based on the Bank setup in Connected. For example, USD and CAD currency merchant accounts.
- View and verify the Authorize.net live response codes as you process charges
- Sign up for a just a payment gateway or both a payment gateway and merchant account today. NOTE: A valid Authorize.net payment gateway is required to use this feature.
Connected Data Exchange
- New user friendly interface for the auto import and export of data.
- Integrate with third party solutions, such as websites, by automating the import of customer, orders, invoices, and purchase orders.
- Update external databases, such as e-commerce website, by automating the export if inventory items, inventory stock levels, customers, and customers sales information.
- Define intervals to repeat the data export in minutes, hours, or days.
- Choose to export only the customer or inventory records that have been modified since the last export
- Use the quick export to test and or export data on demand
- Specify export fields in specific order with our field selection tool so that only the data you need is exported
- See progress and error logs during the processing
- Run multiple import and export jobs at the same time
Batch Email Customer Statements
- Generate and email customer statements for hundreds of customers at a time
- Choose from any customized statement form layout to be used included as a PDF attachment
- Personalize customer statement email messages with customer specific data like account number, contact info, address, and current balance
Customer Advanced Find
- New pane in the Customer lookup list window for “Advanced Find”.
- Query multiple fields at once with “Starts With”, “Contains”, or “Equals” queries.
- Query on multiple fields at once and retain the lookup and search while logged into Connected
- Ability to customize results columns and sort the information, by column
Item Stock Levels in Inventory List
New option to display item stock levels for all locations, when using the Inventory Quick or Advanced Find.
Void Customer ReceiptsNew options to void customer receipts after they have been posted.
Edit Custom Sales Fields on Posted EntriesNew user privilege and option to edit the custom sales fields on posted account invoices, credit memos, and customer receipts.
Other Time Saving Features
- New Customer and Location filter in the Sales Order ledger screen.
- New WO (Work Order) column the locations tab of the inventory screen to show the total of an item to be manufactured.
- New user privilege to hide all item cost info in the inventory items and inventory advanced find screens.
- Custom Sales Fields added to the AR Receipts and Debit Memo screens.
- Better support for Mac OS X managed network configurations.
- Ten new custom alpha-numeric fields in the Jobs window.
- Customer Record Info button to track customer edits.
- Inventory Item Record Info button to track inventory item edits.
- Changes to the manufacture "approval" process.
- Compatibility with Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) operating system.
- Redesigned Connected Navigator screen with new crisp modern aesthetic
- Modernized module icons.
- Color coated buttons to open screens and other operations.
- New colors improve visual guidance during day to day usage, new user training, and user privilege set up.
Automation and Data Exchange
- New import Purchase Order receiving Action from within the Purchase Order window. If you have a text file of part numbers and received quantities, you can now choose to import a PO Receiving. This can be very helpful when entering a partial receiving for a lengthy PO.
- Transferring data into Connected has never been easier with the Auto Import function now including added support for Customers, Invoices/Credit Memos, and Purchase Orders. This is in addition to Inventory Items and Sales Orders that were supported in previous versions. Transferring data into Connected from external sources has never been easier.
- New Expense report import. Import expense reports that are created from outside applications, including iOS or cloud apps that can create customizable exports in a text file format. Expense Reports window has also been enhanced to include the record info button to track the import, add, modify, and posting of Expense Reports by user/date/time.
Inventory Product Labeling
- Inventory Item Labels – finally! New customizable label form to print inventory item labels from the Item List report to help categorize and identify products in your warehouse. As with other Connected forms, bar code fonts are supported in our Custom Fonts form options.
- Print Inventory Item labels during a Purchase Order receiving. Do you need to identify incoming raw materials or goods? You can print labels, which can include lot and serial numbers, while processing the receiving of goods on a purchase order.
- Print Inventory Item labels for finished goods in the Manufacture/Work Order window. Print as many labels as you need for each manufactured item to help identify your products.
- New option to back date the Inventory Valuation for both Average and FIFO costing methods
- Customer Sales History Report has been enhanced with a new summary version that allows both the current year and previous to be compared and also the exclusion of customers with sales below a certain amount.
- New Trial Balance report option – “Accountant’s Version”. Print your Trial Balance the way your accountant wants to see it to PDF, spreadsheet, or screen/printer.
- New options to print customer invoices to separate PDF files. This feature is great for keeping a digital copy of customer invoices or making PDF files available online for your customer’s to view their invoice history.
- Just in time for 1099’s, new form alignment to help ensure the easy printing when doing a run of many 1099 forms at once.
- New option in to exclude certain payments from 1099 reporting. If you have specific payments to vendors made to 1099 vendors that should not be included in 1099 report totals, the payments can now be marked to be excluded on an individual basis
- The Customer Incomplete Order report has been enhanced with a flattened export. The flattened export contains many fields not on the standard report, including line item discounts. Since the export is flattened, it can easily be sorted and manipulated in a spreadsheet application.
- Manufacturing reporting has been significantly enhanced with a new “Component Summary” version that displays a single line per component, combining all open work orders and component quantities required. By doing this, along with displaying the item stock levels, purchasing components or raw material for manufacture has never been easier.
Vendor EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) Payments
- The vendor Payment Advice is now a fully editable form. Add your company logo, change the layout, change the fonts, and add bank specific information as required. As in previous versions, easily email a copy of Payment Advices to vendors whom you have paid electronically.
- Batch email payment advices to vendors from our new Payment Advice report. If multiple vendors have been paid electronically the payment advices can easily be emailed in a single batch or all at once. Just like customer invoices, email 10, 20, 30+ payment advices to your vendors in one easy action.
- New options to create EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) files that can be sent to financial institutions via the new EFT Export feature. The EFT export can require a customized setup to meet the formats of your financial institution. However, once completed, payment files can be easily sent to the bank, based on the information in Connected, to disburse your vendor payments. This feature is nicely complimented by the new ability to batch email payment advices to vendors so that your vendor receives a document indicating the exact invoices that were settled.
- Additional Vendor Electronic Payment enhancements include a new option to auto number electronic payments and have them included in a “Make Payments” (aka check run). When creating a batch of payments, the Electronic payments are identified with an easy to see icon as well as totals for both printed check and EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) are available. As in previous versions, Electronic payments can be posted at the same time a batch of checks is printed and it will not affect numbering or printing of the standard check forms.
Productivity and Workflow Improvements
- Increased speed for both Quick Post and Post Sales. Experience speed improvements that will cut load times by 50%, even more in some cases, for the posting of customer invoices.
- New Sales Quotes Ledger that allows all open and closed quotes to be tracked in a single screen. Like similar windows for the Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, and Work Orders, the Quotes ledger allows the columns to be customized and remembered, even when you quit Connected. Easily view, open, and export customer quotes.
- New general “E-mail” address field added to both the Customers and Vendors screens. This new field, if it contains an email address, will also be available to email invoices or purchase orders and will not require the addition of a Contact entry.
- Account Invoices window now supports arrow buttons to reorder the line items on unposted invoices. This feature was previously only available in the Sales Order and the Sales Quotes screen.
- Creating a Purchase Order from a Sales Order has been enhanced by allowing item stock information to be viewed and PO quantities to be calculated or edited on an individual line basis.
- Increased the number of CSF’s (Custom Sales Fields) from 11 to 21 by adding 10 new alpha-numeric fields. CSF’s can be found in the Sales Quotes, Sales Orders, Account Invoices, and Credit Memos screens.
- Sales Order Ledger window now has a new column that can be added for “Back Order Total”
- New version of the Connected ODB Server software for Mac OS with enhancements and fixes.
- New layout and look to the Connected to the logon screen.
- General program maintenance and fixes (see release notes for details)
- File attachments: Attach any file type that is any size to any screen in Connected using the “Notes” function. There is no limit to the number of attachments or file type. All files are linked to the entry they are assigned and copied to a central folder on the server.
- Payment Types: Assign customer payments by type. For example, check, wire, or Visa. All payments will be grouped group by day, by type in Receipts Posting, Receipts Journal Report, and Bank Reconciliation.
- Quick Post General Journal entries.
- Inventory Items Advanced Find. New pane in the inventory item list for “Advanced Find”. Query multiple fields with “Starts With”, “Contains”, or “Equals” queries. Query on multiple fields at once and retain the lookup and search while logged into Connected. Ability to customize results columns and sort the information, by column, also included.
- Sales Order Ledger: Order ledger, introduced in 6.4, now remembers columns and settings, even after closing the program. Additionally, a drill down to an order can be performed while keeping the order ledger in the background.
- Purchase Order Ledger: New Purchase Order ledger with all of the same features that the Sales Order ledger has. Easily track open/expected PO’s from a single screen.
- Manufacture Ledger: New Manufacture ledger window with all of the same features that the Sales order has. Easily track/modify/update open manufacture work orders.
- Batch Email customer invoices: Generate and email customer invoices in large groups from new Email Preview window. Generate a large email batch, preview and select invoices, and choose customer contacts.
- EDI Enhancements: Connected is now even more ready for your EDI needs. We have added new 15 new custom fields in the Inventory Items window, two new UPC fields, and a new way to plug-in EDI export maps for trading partners. Import orders, process, and export EDI Invoices. NOTE: Setup fees apply to format exports for new trading partners.
- Additional Custom Fields for Customer: Six new alpha-numeric customer custom field.
- Batch Print Separate PDF Files of Statement: Generate Statements to individual PDF files. Create a large run of statement files at one time.
- Batch Print Separate PDF files of Invoices: Generate Invoices to individual PDF Files. Create a large run of invoice files at one time.
- Native PDF printing on Windows – No more PDF 995 headaches. Windows users can now print to PDF without any additional software.
- Import - IC Vendor Item Info: Import and assign vendor part numbers to Inventory Items. Import updates to existing vendor part numbers.
- Clone Purchase Order: Duplicate Purchase Orders for all or some of the items
- New Close Year and Close Period location and operation: Close year and close period operations have all been moved to central location under the File menu. Optionally keep general journal detail history. New “Purge Data” Utility for Administrators only that allows data to be purged from selected modules via one central screen/location.
- AR Customer Sales History Report: New flattened export version of the report
- Connected Forms: Order forms from www.connectedforms.com. Located under the Help menu or the Help tab of the Navigator
- Enhanced record “Info” added to Sales Quotes: Add same “info” tracking available in the Purchase Order, Sales order, and Manufacture window.
- New GL Account export option: Export all info from the “Budget & Period Totals” tab of the Accounts window. All information is formatted in an easy to use format to help with custom financial statement preparation.
- Import Sales Quotes – New option to import and append existing sales quotes